Open Hours and on-duty officers*NOTE: Requests for use of the lab outside of these hours may be requested by emailing the Vice Chair, Matt Motooka (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Room phone and cellular reception
The IEEE lab workroom phone number is 520-626-7324. Please call this phone if you need to reach any officers or people in the room or want to check if the room is open. Additionally, since cellphone service is sporadic in the ECE basement, we recommend giving this number to friends or family if they need to reach you by phone while you are in our room.
General Room Equipment and Furnishing
- 12+ work spaces for laptop or general project work including power and wired network at most.
- 2 dedicated soldering/design stations with a computer and equipment listed in next section.
- 2 computer stations with Windows 7, Engineering software, speakers, and printer access. Additional software can be installed with officer approval.
- Large classroom whiteboard across most of the west wall with huge assortment of markers.
- 42in LCD TV (HDMI, VGA, Component, S-Video, Composite, RF - no TV service)
- Digital projector (VGA, Component, Composite)
- Locking storage cabinets for IEEE members, or students taking certain ECE or Capstone courses.
- Free water cooler and a fridge stocked with cheap drinks/soda
- Additional folding tables
Electrical Design/Rework Equipment
- Digital Oscilloscopes
- Dual channel function generator
- Weller WMD3 Rework Stations
- Soldering with an assortment of tips
- Hot Tweezers
- Hot Air Rework
- Hot tip desoldering
- Additional regular solder stations
- Soldering Supplies (solder, flux, braid, spudgers, tweezers, ect...)
- Multiple Benchtop Power Supplies
- Anti-Static equipment
- Hand Tool Assortment (Screwdrivers, Wire strippers, Wire wrap, flush cutters, crimpers, ect...)
- Wire assortments (Stranded, Solid, Wire Wrap)
- Passive part selection (Resistors, Cerm/Electrolytic Caps, Diodes, Transistors)
- Misc components (Switches, LEDs, Connectors, Headers, ect...)
- Much more...
- 2 computers for general use
- 2x Dell XPS 8700 desktops running Windows 7.
- ECE Software: PSpice, Matlab, Solidworks, Microsoft Office, DipTrace, PuTTY, and much more.
- B/W networked laser printer with duplex printing and access from "IEEE Wifi" or wired network.
- EPSON Perfection 1660 Photo color flatbed scanner.
- Internal wired/wireless network
The IEEE Lab room is available for clubs or students to use for special events including, but not limited to:
- Student club meetings
- Special events
- Extended open hours for upcoming class or club projects